What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium funding from the government is given to schools to help pupils reach their full potential, regardless of their background or financial situation. This extra money could make a real difference to the quality of education we can provide for your child.
How can it benefit your child?
At SEJ, children registered as Pupil Premium are entitled to the following:
- After school, individual or small group tuition sessions to accelerate your child’s progress in writing and maths.
- 3 mentoring sessions a year with the headteacher / deputy headteacher to maximise progress.
- 3 high quality reading books a year suitable for your child’s reading stage and recommended to ignite children’s love of reading.
- 3 language rich activities, from baking to science experiments, to support your child with developing vocabulary linked to projects in school.
- CGP workbooks to enhance essential English and maths skills in each year group.
- Pastoral support to ensure that your child is happy and ready to learn.
- Free school meals and milk for any children registered as FSM.
- Additional targeting in class to accelerate progress in every lesson.
Watch our video to find out what the children think about after school tuition at SEJ Click Here
Enrichment Resources Click Here
In project, we learnt how to make plants grow. Then I grew my own sunflower at home and it was taller than me! Ella Year 4 pupil I used the story dice to make up stories with my sister and my auntie. Then we wrote them down in our notebooks. Rosella Year 3 pupil I think Beetle Boy is a really good book because it ends with a cliff hanger, so you want to read more. My brother also wanted to read it. Kyle Year 5 pupil
Who is eligible?
Your child might be eligible if you access:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- For further information: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pupil-premium-information-for-schools-and-alternative-provision-settings
How can I apply?
If you think you are eligible, please apply online at: https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
To contact North Northamptonshire council : https://www.northnorthants.gov.uk/schools-and-education/free-school-meals-and-pupil-premium
Please let the office know if you are entitled so that we can update your child’s records.
Read our Pupil Premium leaflet to find out more about the Pupil Premium and whether your child is entitled by clicking here.
Click here for our 3-year Pupil Premium Strategy Statement beginning in 2022-2023.