At SEJ we understand that knowing how to support your children with learning at home can be difficult as you may not be aware of how we teach methods and concepts. It was all so different when we were at school!
We have created a selection of videos that demonstrate how we teach a variety of skills and you can access these by clicking the relevant links below.
Number and place value
Calculation: addition, subtraction, multiplication & division
- Adding & subtracting 1s, 10s, 100s etc.
- Adding without crossing 10, 100 etc.
- Adding crossing 10, 100 etc.
- Subtracting without crossing 10, 100 etc.
- Subtracting crossing 10, 100 etc.
- Adding & subtracting decimals
- Prime, square & cube numbers
- Multiples and factors
- Multiplying including short multiplication
- Long multiplication
- Multiplying decimals
- Short & long division
- Division with remainders as fractions & decimals
- Multiplying & dividing by 10, 100, 1000
- BODMAS – order of operations